Search This Blog

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Essence 3D eye shadow review + Swatches!

Hi Beauties! I've got more eye shadows from Essence which I would like to share with you! I'm now going to swatch and review the Essence 3D eye shadows! Excited huh? I am too. Because I've been wanting to share these swatches since long ago, but finally got around to it. To be honest, nowadays I do wear more neutral shades, and thats why 2 of the shadows which I once loved and wear out a lot, has now relegated to my back drawer due to its boldness in colour. In the following, you will see an extra container containing a purple shade. As you might already tell, I dropped my Irresistible Purr-Ple and broke the shadow. To salvage the purple, I put part of the colour in a small container to prevent the colours from mixing with each other.
This is the purple eyeshadow when I first bought it years back

From left to right:
02 Irresistible Purr-Ple 
06 Irresistible Mermaid Kiss
04  Irresistible Caramel Cream

Without Eye shadow primer

Swatched over an eyeshadow primer
Verdict: Honestly, I'm pretty happy with the swatches even without eyeshadow primer. I feel that the colours are pigmented enough for my liking. I prefer to work with moderate level of pigmentation as I prefer to look more natural than caked up. I think these shadows are wonderful even on its own. I used to wear the darker purple with the lighter blue/green together because it does give me the Mermaid makeup appearance.
Below are some swatches on my eyes for each of the combinations in the duos.
02 Irresistible Purr-ple with eye shadow Primer

04 Irresistible Caramel Cream without Eye shadow Primer
06 Irresistible Mermaid Kiss with eye shadow Primer
This is my favourite now


For practical reasons, I only wear 04 Irresistible Caramel Cream frequently. I bought them all 3 years ago. I would advise you to throw them away as soon as you find allergy when using them. I rarely use the purple one already because it does irritate my eyes because I kept it for too long and contaminated it-- would be discarding it soon. I also suspect that these eye shadows have been removed from the displays already.
Price: SGD $ 4.50 (Correct me if  I'm wrong)
Ratings: 4/5
Hope you find my review helpful!
XOXO
Be a smart beauty!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DMCA