Search This Blog

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Essence My Must Haves Palette (Quadro) Swatches and Reviews!

Hi Hi Hi! I'm so excited that you are back! My blog is completely free to read and I do not make a single cent out of these-- Neither am I paid any commissions! I only asked Essence for some products to review and today I'll talk about another product sent by them

We will be discussing about Essence My Must Haves Palette!

As I have been watching sooo many makeup videos online, naturally I do know quite a lot about these products although they have not been put in stores yet. I have also tested them out! But Im sorry that I made a mess of it on my eyes as I tried to use ALL the 4 colours together! I'm just not digging into darker colours because I do look older in darker shades-- Sorry Essence! But for the dark eyeshadow lovers, you have found the right product!

My Must Haves Palette

My Must Haves : Names of Colours
The colours I have from left to right are: 08 Peach-Party! , 05 Cotton Candy, 18 Black As A Berry, 06 Raspberry Frosting.

When you purchase, you have to buy the empty palette separately from the eyeshadow colours. Each of the colours comes in a small circular pan. It is not a magnetic pan, you just snap it into place with like a groove inside the pan. It is very snug when you snap it on.

My Must Haves Palette
Essence sent me a 4 shadows palette and 4 single eye shadows to trial.
Firstly, I have mixed feelings for them. Some colours performed beyond expectations and some are under. Take a look at my swatches below
My Must Haves Swatches
I think I have been very fair in the sense that I ran my finger through the swatches 2 times to make sure I can give as much pigmentation as possible. This is the best it could show. The best performing is No. 18. My favourite type of colour on my eyes is still 08 Peach-Party! No reasons why, I just like natural colours as such. Others are like -- meh. But still I'm not mad! I think its Ok lah... Maybe next time I should use a better eyeshadow primers first. On this makeup look, I only used their Hi-Lighting Eyeshadow Mousse (Will talk about it in a following post), which dries down to a non-sticky feel, thats why the eyeshadows doesn't really stick to anything. I can't blame them too.

See what I have on my eyes
The eye shadows are so jumbled up, I think no point discussing which part I have what on my eyes. The shiny thing on top of the eyeliner is a result of the Hi-lighting eyeshadow mousse which i failed to cover completely with the palette eye shadows. (In the middle I have half of Num 08 and 05, can't tell the distinction at all here)

All in all, I think if you are looking for a dark shade, 18 Black as a Berry definitely performed beyond my expectations, others are ok. I may do a re-review when I have a better primer on my eyes (Separate post also).

Overall rating (Will be fair to the better colours)-- 3.5/5
Price: TO be announced in July. For sale in Guardian and Watsons in Singapore!

Hope you enjoyed my post!
Be a smart Beauty
XOXO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DMCA