Search This Blog

Saturday, May 6, 2017

Should I make my own MakeUp setting spray???

Hi beauties! Today I've tried and tested a makeup hack and I shall give you my opinion on it. Today's makeup hack is on making a DIY Makeup Setting Spray!!!

As many of you know, most of the make up setting sprays are not to be used on top of make up, but rather, should be used below makeup like a primer! I've only heard that Urban Decay's All Nighter is the only on that really sets your makeup in place all night long! Others are probably not meant to set your makeup, but either to assimilate your makeup into the skin, or used as a primer.

Today, I'm trying to make a product that is similar to a makeup overall mist to assimilate my makeup (Not claiming it would act like a Urban Decay All Nighter).

As proposed by most people who posted hack on this, the materials they used are:
1) Glycerin
2) Water
3) Vitamin E

I have personally omitted Vitamin E (Although I do have them) is because Vitamin E itself is quite oily, I prefer not to use oil on top of my makeup.

However, even with just the combination of glycerin and distilled water, the end result was still not good! It just wouldn't dry down even after 30 mins, and I know why.

After 30mins
Because glycerin is a humectant, it is slightly oil and sticky at the same time. After I sprayed on my face, the only thing that wouldn't evaporate or sink into my skin is the glycerin. When I touched my face, it feels really sticky and oily, the texture is very similar to my sweat after a run.

Even after I blotted my face with a tissue, it still feels the same. Whats worse is that my make up actually wore off sooner than expected, and my eyeliner and mascara which used to be waterproof, is easily transferable after I sprayed my face with this solution!

I'm thinking if my one part Glycerin to 3 parts water is still a bad ratio, I shall try out another ratio next time.

All in all, I think this hack for a after makeup setting spray is all wrong. It should be used below makeup only. I will use it below makeup next time, as this glycerin does carry some sticky texture, should be good for my makeup to stick to skin.

Yes I know that DIY is way cheaper than the other setting sprays out there (This Glycerin only cost me SGD $7.80 for 250ml, got it off from Iherb.com). I only used about 10-15ml in this tiny 50ml spray bottle). However, I am not sure if this DIY can replace the other setting sprays out there....

Overall, I would say this hack is a fail as an overall setting spray! But would it pass as a face primer? We'll have to find out soon.
See you in my next post beauties!
XOXO!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DMCA